Sunday, October 18, 2009

Play List

Once apon a time, I decided to try an experiment. Since I did not start playing Shadowfist until its revival, I want to try playing some Old Skool games. I started building decks from each faction using only the Standard Edition. Once I won a game with the deck, I would add in Netherworld cards. I would play with this until I won and then add in the next set. I did this for a while but then got to impatient to play with the newest cards.

So I came up with a method of rating all the factions in all the expansions. This would let me add the sets with the largest number of playable cards for a faction in order. With each win, I would add a new subset of cards.

I am still working my way through this new play list and it does sometimes limit my card choices in unusual ways. If some obvious cards are missing in some of my decks, it is probably because I do not let myself play with the cards at this time.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I think I understand the process of the experiment, but I'm not quite sure I understand its purpose! What is it you hope to achieve with this experiment - just to play with cards that aren't normally used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original purpose was to try out Old Skool decks and cards. Now it is just a personally fun challenge that forces me to try cards that I wouldn't have otherwise played. I also feel that it challenges my play because sometimes I am having to win with suboptimal cards.

    ReplyDelete