Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Manchu Invasion

The last deck I played at Gen Con for the Faction Wars deck was a Manchu speed deck. I have had a fair bit of success with this deck in the past, but it is something of a one trick pony - speed.

Foundation (11)
Manchu Soldier x11

Characters (10)
Bad Colonel
Military Commandant x2
Manchu Officer x5
General Senggelinqin x2

Power Gen (7)
Moonlight Raid x3
Mole Network x2

Events (8)
Cry of the Forgotten Ancestorx2
Operation Killdeer x5

States (7)
Pump-Action Shotgun x3
Tommy Gun
Sword of the Master
Shadowy Mentor

Edge (1)
Everything Falls Apart

Sites (2)
Manchu Garrison x2

FSS (11)
City Park
Dragon Graveyard
Festival Circle x2
Hot Springs
Identity Chop Shop x2
LaGrange Four
Temple of the Angry Spirits
Whirlpool of Blood x2

Moonlight Raid and Manchu Officer is crazy good. As I wrote this deck up I see that I've drifted a bit from the original build. It needs 5 Moonlight Raids and about 2 Faked Deaths. I would also change the Tommy Gun back into a Shotgun.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, last year I took a Manchu speed deck to GenCon Oz and it went very well. This year, took a similar deck and it just rolled over and died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was playing against Jammer site destruction in all three games. If this deck can't take sites and start building up a big power advantage and turn it into a fighting advantage, it gets dicey. The Moonlight Raids help defray this, but I wasn't playing with enough.

    ReplyDelete