Monday, January 18, 2010

Play Results

So we had six people show up at my place for some casual play and as a warm up for Plattecon and the Wisconsin state championship.  We broke down to two three-player games.

Table 1 was Collin, Jeff, and Tim.  They played three games.  Tim won the first two with his Detonating Destroyer deck.  I think Collin might have won the third.  At one point he was playing a Dragon / Jammer gun deck.  I saw Jeff playing his Ascended Bounty deck one game, and an Architect deck in another game.  Obviously I don't have many details overall.

Table 2 was John, Willow, and me.  Game one, John played a Jammer coin flip deck; Willow played an Architect tank deck; and I played my Lotus Empire of Evil sampler deck posted previously.  Willow and I had good starts.  She got a Tank Commander and Commandant Barkhorn each with a Panzer X, and I had the Demon Emperor, his Evil Twin and Xin Ji Yang.  Fortunately, I got my Waterfall Sanctuary in play, and that slowed Willow down.  She had to drop the bomb to slow me down.  The Alabaster King, however, showed up in place of the Demon Emperor.  My next turn, a Hell Hound showed up to protect the King.  His Evil Twin then showed up.  Once Willow realized that the Hound protected both from another Bomb, she convinced John that the Hound had to die.  He obliged and smoked the Hound with "Do You Feel Luck, Punk".  Willow then dropped the Bomb.  The only survivor was Commnadant Barkhorn.  It looked like Willow as going for the win, but John stopped her with Safety Third.  I played my fourth FSS and waited.  I could have spent all my power on a hitter and gone for the win, but Willow had power and most likely an Imprison in hand.  Instead, I passed thinking my two Tortured Memories would be enough to win next turn.  John played Jayne Insane and attacked Willow.  She was forced to Imprison Jayne.  Willow attacked me for the win with Barkhorn.  I took control of him to end the attack and Willow's turn.  I then took control of him on my turn and played Jueding Shelun, which was enough to take a site to win.

Game 2, I played a Hand Empire of Evil sampler deck, Willow played a Dragon Is That All You Got deck, and John played a Dragon/Purist coin flip/gun deck.  There was lots of character build up in this game.  Willow had a very defendable position with a Maze of Stairs in the front row and a Kinoshita House in the back row.  I was not able to crack this egg, but John broke it down with his Wild Spirits and Zen Ritualists to move the sites around.  Willow made a push against John with her Big Bruiser and Good Ol' Boys backed up by Lin for healing.  John was able to stop them by recycling an Origami Handguns through his chain of interceptors.  The final and crowning moment was when the final defender was smoked, the Handguns went on the Big Bruiser to reduce is fighting to zero and fail the attack.  John then played some foundation and launched a longshot attack against me, which failed to take my site.  I then played my fourth site and attacked with Shung Dai a Butterfly Swords and Flying Windmill Kick to take John's site for the win.

At this point, Collin, Willow, and Tim left.  Jeff, John, and I played one more game.  John played Syndicate/Ascended ReAscended; Jeff played a Dragon gun deck; and I played a Jammer Empire of Evil sampler deck.  John got stuck with a Proving Ground as his only site and could have been shut out of the game because I had a Whirlpool of Blood.  I, however, needed his help to shut down Jeff, who had an early burn for power.  With Andy Di pumping my weenies, I was able to pull down Jeff.  My City Square with lots of non-FSS limited his ability to attack effectively.  Once I seized Jeff's Fox Pass, I had to tools to hold off attacks and build to a win.  One of the keys was Battlechimp to play Back in Black to bring back chump targets for Fox Pass to limit effective attacks.

1 comment:

  1. Tim won all three of his games- two with the Exploding Destroyers, and another with my Dragon/Monarch Fakhir al-Din deck.

    ReplyDelete